Riff Doctors - tape (1985)

Just when I thought I'd heard the last of Mitch Easter's prolific, 1980s productions, I'm lovingly slapped upside the head with one that almost escaped.  In the case of North Carolina's Riff Doctors I suppose I could be forgiven considering this was a cassette-only release, that I happened upon in a large allotment of old demos that I recently came into.  Containing six songs, this little reel is the stuff of jangle-pop nirvana, if evidenced by nothing else than the opening salvo "Say Goodbye."  Fred Bednash and Donna Esposito trade off on vox, making comparisons to Mitch's coincidentally co-ed ensemble, Let's Active a bit of a no-brainer (even if Game Theory would be more accurate).  By tape's end, the Doctors settle on a Buddy Holly-esque sock-hop rocker. "The Things That Make Me Glad That I Met You."  In addition to this cassette, the group is also survived by the a 1983 single, "Falling" on Coyote Records, which one seller on Ebay has a staggering price tag for.  That song was anthologized on the Teen Line Vol 1 cd, as was a song from the demo which I'm presenting in it's entirety below. 

01. Say Goodbye
02. Turn Me On
03. Set the World on Fire
04. She
05. Reckless
06. The Things That Make Me Glad That I Met You


https://rapidshare.com/files/1907165021/riffdoctors.rar