Game Theory - Big Shot Chronicles demos (1985)

I haven't mentioned them much, or quite possibly at all in the past, but I've always had a soft spot for Game Theory, even if I acquainted myself with their records long after the fact.  I'm not what you would call a Scott Miller obsessive or completest by any stretch, though I can justify the profound fandom of others.  Much to the chagrin of all of you that believe Lolita Nation was G/T's finest hour, Big Shot Chronicles is the album that did it for me, so I jumped at the chance to hear these rough sketches.  "Never Mind?"  "Crash Into June?"  "Erica's Word?"  "Like a Girl Jesus?"  So much pure, 14-karat pop gold abounds on Big Shot, making these demos such a precious find, even if they don't differ that drastically from the finished product.  One exception might be the aforementioned "Like a Girl Jesus," which strikes me as doubly subdued as the already spare album incarnation.  "Seattle" and "Come Home With Me" sound like the same versions as the bonus tracks padded onto the BSC CD reissue on Alias from the '90s.  "Couldn't I Just Tell You" is an excellent rendering of the Todd Rundgren classic, that IMO could have probably fit on the album.  If anyone can help in identifying the final track please leave a comment.  A big thanks to Danny for sending me these files!

01. I've Tried Subtlety
02. Here It is Tomorrow
03. Erica's Word
04. Regenisraen
05. Never Mind
06. Book of Millionaires
07. Make Any Vows
08. Where You Going Northern
09. Like a Girl Jesus
10. Crash Into June
11. The Only Lesson Learned
12. Too Closely
13. Linus and Lucy
14. Couldn't I Just Tell You
15. Seattle
16. Come Home With Me
17. Last Day That We're Young (Demo)

https://rapidshare.com/files/2491382236/gametheory_bigshot_demos.rar