Pedaljets - tape (1986)

Before venturing further, please allow me to indulge with a rhetorical question.  What band wouldn't want to have a song in their repertoire called "Sensual Cardboard Experience?"  With that ponderous notion out of the way, here's a vintage Pedaljets cassette with that dandy little number on it.  I shared their first album, Today, Today shortly after starting Wilfully Obscure in mid 2007.  Hell if I know if the Rapidshare link is still active or not (keep your fingers crossed).  An online bio described them as the missing link between the Replacements and Nirvana.  I think the quote from my write-up four years ago holds a little more water:

The Pedaljets are a good approximation of the earnest, but rugged guitar rock of the Replacements and Nils. The band's approach is further coloured with a penchant for ringing, jangly chords, popularised by REM and the like.

In terms of the wondrous clamor emanating from Mike Allmayer and Scott Mize's collective six-strings, I'd say "clangy" is an operative adjective as well.  This tape is largely all I could realistically hope for in the way of mid-80s indie rock.  A true artifact.  Enjoy, and make sure to check out Today, Today while you're at it, that is if it's still up.  If not, it looks like I have my work cut out for me.

01. Life Movie
02. The Calmest Room
03. Sensual Cardboard Event
04. When the Fun Runs Out
05. Hide & Go Seek
06. After the Window
07. Done For You
https://rapidshare.com/files/2910573023/pedaljets_tape.rar